Well... Galeb is back to their winning ways! We beat Rudar tonight 3-0. According Google translate, Rudar means miner in English. I did not know this, but had to look it up since I have been telling everyone the unique team names here. In two weeks, we will play Rudar again for the semi-finals of the Cup. The winner of the Cup does not really win anything and how your team finishes has no bearing on who is crowned the "Champions" at the end of the season. (I am actually not even really sure why they have the Cup to be honest.) Anyways, since we play them first, there is a great likelihood that we will be in the finals of the Cup-which is good, I guess! Next weekend, we play a team from Podgorica (the capital) that is in 4th place. Hopefully we can stay in the W column again!

Is that your team mascot? or just giving the OK sign after winning? Either way she is cute. Hope you and Layne are out exploring - I am sure you guys will continue to extend your winning streak. Love ya Mom
ReplyDeletethe fact that we just didn't block didn't make to blog post?! i thought that tactical breakthrough was definitely worthy..
ReplyDeleteMom- I don't know if he is the official mascot or not, but I definitely have a shirt with him on it!
ReplyDeleteLayne- Ahhh... I don't know how I forgot that.
Everyone: There were a few players that we were told do not block when they hit. This is the first time ever I have been told to never block when they attack... but I guess it worked!