I have received several comments and emails from people I will not name (Aunt Toni, Dad...) that I am not keeping up with my blog enough. However, not a lot has happened since Layne's birthday. The only thing to report about our game on Saturday is that we lost 3-0 and that I have put it to the back of my mind. The weather has been pretty terrible these past few days with strong winds and light rain. This has kept us in the apartment most of the day while just getting out for dinner at Palma and practice.
Although not a lot has happened over the past week and a half, one monumental change occurred: I moved into my own flat on Tuesday! It is more like a long-term hotel than an apartment complex, but it will work well for the little more than a month I have left here. There is a person manning the front area 24 hours a day so it is very safe. It is located really close to the centar (spelled correctly here!) of Bar and about a 5 minute walk to Layne's flat and both the gyms. Layne and I spent the last few days getting some necessities for the apartment: a frying pan, a sharp knife, a bowl, a couple air fresheners and of course food! The apartment is basically comprised of 5 rooms. Instead of posting pictures of the place, I thought it would be fun to give you an actual tour and take advantage of the video capabilities on my camera. I hope you enjoy my witty commentary and Layne's video skills. Sorry for a few moments of laughter, but it makes the video more humorous if you ask me :)
Side note: It said that this video was going to take 500 minutes to upload with the wifi at my apartment, but in the end I took it to Layne's ethernet connection and let it work while we were at practice. Overall, I'd say a pretty good video for our first go-round. Maybe future videos to come!
A special thanks to Layne for her creative input (sitting in the chair after looking at the wonderful view amongst other things) and skill with the video camera!
Although not a lot has happened over the past week and a half, one monumental change occurred: I moved into my own flat on Tuesday! It is more like a long-term hotel than an apartment complex, but it will work well for the little more than a month I have left here. There is a person manning the front area 24 hours a day so it is very safe. It is located really close to the centar (spelled correctly here!) of Bar and about a 5 minute walk to Layne's flat and both the gyms. Layne and I spent the last few days getting some necessities for the apartment: a frying pan, a sharp knife, a bowl, a couple air fresheners and of course food! The apartment is basically comprised of 5 rooms. Instead of posting pictures of the place, I thought it would be fun to give you an actual tour and take advantage of the video capabilities on my camera. I hope you enjoy my witty commentary and Layne's video skills. Sorry for a few moments of laughter, but it makes the video more humorous if you ask me :)
Side note: It said that this video was going to take 500 minutes to upload with the wifi at my apartment, but in the end I took it to Layne's ethernet connection and let it work while we were at practice. Overall, I'd say a pretty good video for our first go-round. Maybe future videos to come!
A special thanks to Layne for her creative input (sitting in the chair after looking at the wonderful view amongst other things) and skill with the video camera!
you two should contact HGTV- great tour- very comfy- and nicely appointed- thanks for sharing- and to director Layne - goes the Oscar!!
ReplyDeleteand of course one to Lauren for best actress !
luv ya-
DAD
Nice place - Bathroom looks fairly modern - just be careful not to hit your head on the hot water heater. Does your "flat" come equipped with a TV? Since it is more like an extended stay hotel, do they change the sheets and towels for you? Did you get a phone yet? Hope the weather changes for the better soon so you and Layne can go to see the monks or some point of interest with your next block of free time - LOVE and MISS YOU Mom
ReplyDeleteWowie!! I am impressed--actually I think the place looks nice--it's not like you'll live there forever! You and Layne did a great job on the video--felt like I was walking around with a real estate agent on HGTV! Luv Ya Aunt Toni
ReplyDelete