Welcome to Montenegro!!! Montenegro translates to "Black Mountain" and separated from Serbia in 2006. Bar is a major seaport of Montenegro.
View of Bar from sea.
View of Bar from inland.
Port (Luka) in Bar. There are many sailboats in the port, as well as a ferry that takes people back and forth from Bari, Italy.
Another view of Luka Bar.
I had to take this picture because it makes me laugh: People load their cars up with children cars and bring them out to the port for others to rent. You will see lots of children driving up and down the streets near the port and beach.
A playground on the beach. Bar does not have sandy beaches, just lots of rocks!
Another view of the beach, this time with the popular Pe Pe cafe where people sit, drink coffee and enjoy the views!
Outside of our newer gym. Directly across from Layne's apartment.
In the center of town: This is now a grocery store and shopping store, but Layne said they were once used for something during the war. Should investigate their exact use more!
Other side of the center.
And last but not least, our restaurant: Palma! There are six tables in the restaurant, and it is not unusual if we are the only ones there! We order the same three things, but those three things taste pretty good. (Lots of shredded cabbage!)
interesting!- it looks nice- smallish, more compact- and the mountains from the sea view- very scenic- I guess the beaches don't develop sand due to lack of waves- is there a local fish market- for fresh-caught fish?- how about shrimp, crabs etc. ?- PNC does exchange paper euros- just not coins- Thanks for posting- it makes all seem a bit better for mom and dad- STAY SAFE!- good luck on your upcoming move to new apt.- are there any second hand/goodwill type stores for small furniture etc.-?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the pix of Bar.. now I have a much better idea of what the city looks like. So are there any bars in Bar or barz in woods of Bar?
ReplyDeleteBy the way, are there any movie theaters?
There are cafes in that turn into bars at night. There is also a night club called Fratello, but I don't know if I will ever go there. I have been trying to figure out what 'barz in woods of Bar' means for like 20 minutes, and still don't have it. I thought of a few possibilities, but they are all silly. (Maybe I am slow!)
ReplyDeleteThe nearest movie theater is in the capital of Podgorica which is about an 1 hour away. Its in the mall, which we went to on Saturday, and the movies are a little older than what would be in a movie theater in the US. But it only costs like 3 E to go, so it is a little cheaper! However, I can get newer movies from my DVD store for only 1.5 E!
Get back to me on the 'barz in woods of Bar'!!
So...,many years ago there was a movie made about Davey Crockett (fought at the Alamo). The theme song from the movie told about Davey's life... and one of the verses of the song said the Davey "killed him a baar (meaning a a bear) when he was only three" ( as in years old)... thus my round about reference to see if there were any bears (barz or bars) in the wood around Bar. A sorry explanation to be sure!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Layne and I were no where close to that!!! haha. Anyways, there are no bears- just lots of stray cats and dogs!
ReplyDelete