Our first practice was fairly easy and consisted of a lot of the same "team" drills we did at LSU. With that being said, it was not like a typical practice at LSU, but I knew most of the competitive drills we did. Everyone was a little jet-lagged and it was hard getting used to new setters and new players surrounding you. One thing that surprised me was that they do not have water fountains here. You must bring your own bottle or drink from the sink! After practice we went out to dinner and had goulash soup and chicken with ham and cheese. It was kinda of funny because when they asked us what we wanted to drink, some of us asked for water. The waitress replied, "Coca-cola or beer." They didn't even sell water! The next day, I was lucky enough to get the early practice. There were 13 of us in that practice and we again did a lot of competitive drills and played a lot. The girls in my group were good so it was fun to play against them. When we got back to the hotel, we quickly showered and then went out sightseeing as a group. However, first we had to get lunch. I had pork neck, saurkraut, and mashed potatoes. It was super good! We then visited the Prague Castle and Charles Bridge. By the time we got the Castle and Bridge it was dark, but they were still beautiful. We met up with everyone for dinner at an Italian restaurant after.
Today we were split into 4 teams that will play in different locations around Prague. I was again lucky and was placed in the group that was leaving at 5:15 pm which meant that I had all day to see Prague again. We went back to the Castle and Bridge while the sun was out so we could get some good pictures. Although it was went back to the same places, we went a different route so we saw more of the city. We ate at an authentic Czech restaurant where I had Old Prague onion soup and chicken goulash, both of which were pretty tasty. After lunch we visited the Clock Tower and then headed back to the hotel. Here are a few pictures I took over the past few days...
In front of the Cathedral in the center of the Prague Castle
The Cathedral at night
Another view of the Cathedral at night
View of the Charles Bridge with the Prague Castle in the background
Picture taken while on the Charles Bridge of the Prague Castle
Typical Prague street
View of Prague taken from the top of the Prague Castle
Cathedral at Prague Castle during the day
Clock Tower in Old Town Prague
great post- loved the pics- and your adventurous dining- I'm so happy you're digging it all- stay safe and ENJOY-
ReplyDeleteHey sweetie--what great pictures you took! Such a beautiful city! Glad you are being adventurous with food and sightseeing. Enjoying the blog-- Aunt Toni
ReplyDeleteHowdy!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome blog...glad to hear you are enjoying the sights and the food.... pork neck??? Next you'l be telling us you are eating weinerschnitzels!! You pix are well composed and give us a real feel of a beautiful city. Enjoy Vienna!
U/Dick
Thanks for keeping us updated. I am jealous! Maybe when the kids are much older I can follow in your footsteps. Keep having fun!
ReplyDeleteLauren,
ReplyDeleteI am enjoying your account and pictures. I haven't been to Prague so I am visiting vicariously. Keep writing and enjoy the experience.
Loved your update - I am SO glad you seem to be taking full advantage of your great adventure - I don't ever want to see your nose turn up at saurkraut and pork again. Your Grammy Tekla would be sitting right next to your eating pork neck and savoring it. Love & miss ya - continue the experience
ReplyDeleteEnjoying your comments and your photos are fabulous! What a great experience! I will enjoy keeping up with you this way!
ReplyDelete