Today Layne and I hitched a ride to Podgorica, the capital of Montenegro. One of the younger teams was playing a tournament in Podgorica, and Luka told us we were welcome to ride along. Layne and I have been wanting to visit different places and thought this was a good place to start since the transportation was free. We looked up things to see in Podgorica last night so we would be prepared when we arrived. However, as we were searching the web, site after site said that there was not much to see or do in Podgorica. Supposedly a lot of "old" Podgorica got destroyed during WWII. It was okay that there was not a lot to see because we only had about 4 hours there. We wrote down a few things and went to sleep a little earlier than usual.
We woke up at 8:30 which is about 4 hours earlier than any time we had gotten up the previous week. (ooops) Layne and I made an omelet with onions, red peppers, and cheese. It was really good and then headed over to the meeting place. Since the bus was way crowded with the younger girls, Luka let us sit in the front of the bus next to the driver. Podgorica is about 50 km from Bar so it only took about an hour to there, and they dropped us off at one of the places we wanted to see. I’ll let the pictures tell you what we saw on the trip:
Newly built Hristovog Vaskrsenja Orthodox temple (Still a work in progress!)
Ceiling in the Hristovog Vaskrsenja Orthodox temple
Skaline (the stairs) where the Ribnica river meets the Morača river
View from the old Turkish bridge near the Skaline (would have been pretty, but look at all the trash in the trees and river!)
The old clock tower located in the Old Turkish town called "Stara Varoš" ("old town")
King Nikola's summer house
In front of the newly built Millennium Bridge
I'll say - it was a Great day- I'm proud of you- so independent and self-assured- I especially liked the bridge pic- sounds like you had a good, nourishing lunch- please keep up your strength-should take a multi-vitamin- since you're not eating like you usually do- love the pics- and it was fun to skype- stay safe -
ReplyDeleteLUV YA-
DAD
What is up with the trash? Love all your updates - keep it up Love
ReplyDelete