Hey everyone! So Layne and I left today at 10:30 to go to Bar, Montenegro. It took about an hour and half to get to the airport in Slovenia and then it was about an hour flight down to Bar. When we arrived in Bar, we tried to contact the owner of our club to find out if he was coming to pick us up or if we needed to take a taxi to Bar. In the end we took a taxi to Bar and stopped in at a cafĂ© before heading to Layne’s apartment. The ride to Bar was unlike any of the places we had visited on the tour, but it was still really nice. There was a huge lake and lots of mountains.
One of our teammates Maya who lives next door to Layne came over before we had to leave for practice. Her English was actually very good, but she said that I talked too fast! We left for practice about 15 minutes before it started. When we got there, I met our coach, his father, and our “strength coach”. I met a lot all of the girls, but it was really hard to remember all their names because there were like 14 of us. Also, most of them go by nicknames instead of their real names so it got a little confusing. We started practice off by running around the court for 20 minutes. Then we did a weight lifting circuit of 5 exercises that included lunges, bench, squats to jumps, hang cleans, and abs. We did each exercise for 12 reps and did the whole circuit 4 times total. After lifting, we warmed up our arms and got into a 3 person pepper. Then we did hitting lines for a while and ended with a scrimmage-like drill. Overall, it was a good first day and everyone was super nice and willing to help. We have the morning off and then another practice tomorrow night. In the morning we are getting coffee with the owner of the club and our coach. I think we are also going to eat at "our" restaurant.
I will be staying with Layne until we get back from Sarajevo. Then I will get my own apartment in a different complex from Layne. More about Montenegro and Bar tomorrow.
great to see your friendly face on skype- from half-way around the world!- amazin'- mom will look into Delta and do you want to give us a list of warmer weather clothes- we'll put a care package together soon- we'll also need a mailing address once you get settled - on to SARAJEVO. Please stay safe and careful- we luv ya-
ReplyDelete