Marina’s family was so welcoming the entire time I was there and always wanted us to come over for lunches. At one point her mom and grandmother were “fighting” over whose house we would go to for lunch (Lunch is the big meal of the day here instead of dinner like in the states). Everything we had to eat was delicious, and I think I gained like 10 pounds while I was here! They would keep asking me if I wanted more, and I would politely decline. A few minutes later, they would ask Marina if I wanted more again. I would decline again and this went on several more times before I said, “Okay.” This always made them very happy. In the end, we had lunch at her grandmother’s four times, at her parent’s 2 times plus coffee, and at her aunt and uncle’s once. Plus we had a huge celebration for her cousin’s communion on day. Marina was like, “You need to come back more often!”
I tried to get pictures with everyone. Most of them were taken on the day Marina’s little cousin got his first Communion so I am dressed up a little:
Marina and I with her cousin Igor who just got his First Communion
The whole crew that went to the communion minus Marina's cousin who was taking the picture
Marina's baka (grandmother) and mom
Marina's parents
Marina's father and uncle
Marina's aunt
Cheering with Marina's grandmother and her homemade alcohol
Marina's friends
Marina's other grandmother
Marina and her mom
love the pics- it's so cool to see Marina in her "element"- what a nice family- and of course- Marina herself- oh how I missed both of you- maybe now that the big secret is out- we can all visit next time - or better yet- maybe Marina will make a return trip to the USA to see her American Mom & Dad.
ReplyDelete